The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards are back for 2020, and we’re inviting online nominations to celebrate the local football heroes, clubs and leagues who make a positive difference across their communities.
During these difficult times, the awards are a chance to celebrate the work which goes into the grassroots game and say a big thank you to the incredible volunteers who inspire individuals to make football safer and more enjoyable for all. Submissions are welcome until Monday 18th May.
Individuals should be nominated by someone else (not themselves), while anyone can nominate their own club and/or league. The categories for this year’s awards have been chosen to reflect the diversity of local football communities and the positive impact the sport can have. The awards are split into ten categories:
* Grassroots Coach of the Year for Youth
* Grassroots Coach of the Year for Adults
* Grassroots Club of the Year
* Grassroots League of the Year
* Grassroots Volunteer of the Year
* Rising Star of the Year (Young Volunteer)
* Grassroots Grounds Team of the Year
* Grassroots Project of the Year
* ‘We Only Do Positive’ – Parents Respect Award
* Grassroots Match Official of the Year
Nominations should include evidence of the difference and impact the nominee has had on the people around them. The FA’s Progressive, Respectful, Inclusive, Determined, and Excellent values and behaviours are the backbone of the awards in an effort to identify the people who embed them in their clubs, leagues and local communities.
To nominate your grassroots hero, follow this link by Monday 18th May